I am a Mother.

6:47 PM Edit This 0 Comments »
Today, I sat on the half broken rocking chair as thoughts filled up my head. Looking down at my two little boys sleeping carrelessly on the floor, I let out a deep breath. Though they were sleeping on a cold floor with one punctured blanket and old newspapers, their faces showed peace. "If only that peace in their heart could last long" I thought to myself  as a teardrop went down my cheek. Slowly, I Got off the old chair and carefully kissed the little soft cheeks of the boys as I headed out of our shelter. The outside was full of broken roads, destroyed houses and human corpses but those did not bug me at all. What stroke me was that I could not see any trashcans or broken shops that could help me  find some edable food for my sons, again. I went around, looking here and there, rubbing my rough hands between each others, trying to sustain heat. Finding nothing even after hours and hours of seeking, I let go of the strengh that was left in my two shaking legs. Once again thoughts fill up my head. The war continues as it destroys parts of me slowly and slowly. The gap of my husband's presence feels bigger everday.  But I wont give up hope, for I have bigger things to care about than the lonelyness and the emptyness I feel deep inside my heart. I will stay strong for the  purpose of my life left in this world; my chrildren. Though the world attacks me and  hinders me, I will fight and stand back up for I am a mother.

0 comments: